How do I become
A good programmer?
- The next time you write code, remember you are an author, writing for readers who will judge your efforts.
- If you want your code to be easy to write, make it easy to read.
- Keep your code clean over time or it will rot and would be fun to work on.
- If we all checked-out our code a little cleaner than when we checked-in it out, the code simply will be clean over time and could not rot.
- Improve your code constantly. Continous improvement in the code you write is an intrinsic part of professionalism
- Build simple abstractions in your code early
- Care about the code you write. Take time to keep it simple, orderly, clean and pay appropriate attention to detail while writing
- Follow Single Responsibility: If an object or method is doing more than one thing, break it down.